Monday, May 02, 2016

Expectations from manifesto

Dear ADMK Manifesto writers,

Grapevine is abuzz with rumors that your party is planning to announce any one of the following freebies in your manifesto.
(a) LCD TV
(b) Scooty
(c) Refridgerator
(d) 200 units free power
(e) Gold for marriage from 4g to 8g

Its election time and probably the only time, you guys are willing to listen to listen to our feedback. So let me stick my neck out and put in my preference.

I am already married, I don't need the 4g to 8g gold. What can one do with Gold anyway? I would have to deposit it in bank locker(for which I have to pay an annual rent)!

I don't need a refrigerator, as my kitchen already has one and there is not enough room to have two refrigerators in one kitchen.

I don't need 200 units of free power because after the election I know that whichever party comes to power there is gonna be massive power cuts, and I anyway stand to gain more than 200 units per month.

I don't need a scooty because there is hardly any place to park the vehicle at home and also I am frightened the impact this will have on the road traffic. (Psst. I just hope Arvind Kejriwal doesn't get a wind of this, he might announce an Odd-Even plan in Chennai as well)!!

I would prefer an LCD, but please ensure that the TV is at least 40inches and is from either Samsung, LG or Sony brands. But the main thing is that I don't want an Amma Screensaver on it. You must be aware that the last time DMK provided free TV sets, the voters were so irritated seeing DMK leader's face everytime the TV was switched on that they actually voted the party out for it!!!

#kthnxbai

No comments: